Please join us at the Climate Convergence for People, Planet and Peace over Profit, Sept. 19-21.
Register now for the Climate Convergence conference!
Be part of history in the making, as we challenge the corporate-dominated UN Climate Summit Sept. 23rd and raise the bar for real solutions to the climate emergency that also solve the crises of economic and racial justice, human rights, democracy and peace.
There is simply no way to halt the neoliberal corporate assault in one sector of society while it rages on in all the others.Part conference, skill share and festival, the Convergence will build the movement for the long haul – with speakers, workshops, teach-ins, music, artful activism and community in the run up to the People’s Climate March, the largest climate demonstration in history.
The Convergence brings us together to lift up local fronts of struggle and harness the transformative power we have as a unified movement. We will raise the bar for solutions as big as the crisis we’re facing, and put the politics we need into the fight against climate change.Specifically the Convergence is calling for:
- Tens of millions of living wage jobs in renewables, conservation and public transportation.
- Climate-friendly food & farming. New water and sanitation systems.
- A just transition off fossil fuels and nuclear energy by 2030.
- An emergency transition to a new kind of economy that puts people and planet over profit.
- Taxing the rich and slashing the bloated military budget.
The Convergence is expanding traditional climate organizing to highlight front line environmental justice communities, Indigenous nations, labor, anti-poverty, youth, immigrant rights, peace and anti-nuclear causes.
We are working to provide very low cost transportation and accommodations to enable front line communities to be in NYC to lead the charge.Visit convergeforclimate.org to learn more, register, help organize, volunteer and to join as an endorsing or sponsoring organization.
Come seize the moment to build an unstoppable movement for people, planet and peace over profit, and the future we all deserve.
There are many ways to get involved in the planning process right now:
Propose a Teach-In: If you or your organization are interested in proposing a Teach-In panel, discussion, workshop, skill share or informational gathering, please visit the Proposal Form on the conference website.
Endorse the Climate Convergence: If you or your group would like to endorse the NYC Climate Convergence, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Thursday GCC Local Organizing / NYC Climate Convergence Conference Call: If you would like to be a part of the NYC Climate Convergence Local Organizing working group, please Register for the call.
Initial sponsoring and endorsing organizations
- The Global Climate Convergence
- System Change Not Climate Change
- Liberty Tree Foundation for the Democratic Revolution
- Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign
- Organic Consumers Association
- Alliance for Democracy
- Green Party NY State
- International Socialist Organization
- Peace Action
- Trade Unions for Energy Democracy
- Veterans for Peace
Many thanks for all you’re doing. Upward together!