Mission Statement: People, Planet, Peace over Profit!
The Global Climate Convergence for People, Planet and Peace over Profit is an education and direct action campaign beginning this spring, with “10 days to change course,” running from Earth Day to May Day. It provides coordinated action and collaboration across fronts of struggle and national borders to harness the transformative power we already possess as a thousand separate movements. These grassroots justice movements are sweeping the globe, rising up against the global assault on our shared economy, ecology, peace and democracy. The accelerating climate disaster, which threatens to unravel civilization as soon as 2050, intensifies all of these struggles and creates new urgency for collaboration and unified action. Earth Day to May Day 2014 (April 22 – May 1) will be the first in a series of expanding annual actions.
The Convergence creates a unifying call for a solution as big as the crisis barreling down on us – an emergency Green Economic Transformation through a Global Green New Deal including universal jobs, health care, education, food and housing security, economic and political democracy, demilitarization, an end to deportations, and 100% clean renewable energy by 2030. Clearly the time for action is NOW.
Sign up here to begin organizing for the continuum of justice from Earth Day to May Day in your community.
Media Coverage of the GCC
- Green Left Weekly: United States – Socialist conference backs new red-green alliances (July 12, 2014)
- Vote for the Overpass Light Brigade in the 2014 PBS Online Film Festival!
- Alternative Visions: US Climate Crisis Intensifies — What’s To Be Done? (May 17, 2014)
- KLCC / NPR: Protesters Demand Living Wage for Fast Food Workers (May 15, 2014)
- The Taos News: My Turn – On the impact of climate change and actions to follow (May 13, 2014)
- The Real News Network: Jill Stein – We Must Deal With The Climate Crisis Through Job Creation (May 7, 2014)
- Socialist Worker: Why is the Pipeline on Pause? (May 1, 2014)
- Earth First!: Arriving at May Day – Lockdowns, Throwdowns, and Direct Action (May 1, 2014)