Mission Statement: People, Planet, Peace over Profit!
The Global Climate Convergence for People, Planet and Peace over Profit is an education and direct action campaign beginning this spring, with “10 days to change course,” running from Earth Day to May Day. It provides coordinated action and collaboration across fronts of struggle and national borders to harness the transformative power we already possess as a thousand separate movements. These grassroots justice movements are sweeping the globe, rising up against the global assault on our shared economy, ecology, peace and democracy. The accelerating climate disaster, which threatens to unravel civilization as soon as 2050, intensifies all of these struggles and creates new urgency for collaboration and unified action. Earth Day to May Day 2014 (April 22 – May 1) will be the first in a series of expanding annual actions.
The Convergence creates a unifying call for a solution as big as the crisis barreling down on us – an emergency Green Economic Transformation through a Global Green New Deal including universal jobs, health care, education, food and housing security, economic and political democracy, demilitarization, an end to deportations, and 100% clean renewable energy by 2030. Clearly the time for action is NOW.
Sign up here to begin organizing for the continuum of justice from Earth Day to May Day in your community.
Media Coverage of the GCC
- Ben & Jerry’s: San Francisco Bay Area Gears up for Global Climate Convergence (September 19, 2014)
- Infoshop News: How the People’s Climate March Became a Corporate PR Campaign (September 19, 2014)
- WATCH LIVESTREAM: NYC Climate Convergence – The Warm Up to People’s Climate March on EcoWatch!
- Huffington Post: After the Climate March, Then What? Flood Wall Street (September 18, 2014)
- Occupy: Unite, Focus, Act – The Global Convergence for Climate Justice in New York City (September 18, 2014)
- Common Dreams: Groups Slam ‘Corporate Takeover’ of UN Climate Summit, Call for System Change (September 10, 2014)
- Acronym TV: Beyond The People’s Climate March (September 4, 2014)
- Occupy: Climate Alarm is Ringing – And Until Now The United Nations Has Failed To Act (September 4, 2014)